Easy to make and super delicious, these Citrus Coconut Muffins are perfect for evening tea or to be packed in the school snack box!
Yes, its time for Muffin Monday again and I can’t tell you how much I am loving this whole concept of baking muffins with a group! This week’s special Citrus Coconut Muffins were a total hit in our house. Fresh punch from the zest and fantastic flavour from the coconut. It really is a match made in heaven.
Also, this is the first update of 2019. A quick recipe blog post for those who don’t like reading stories along with it. And for those who do, stay tuned because there is probably a super long post coming up soon. Till then may 2019 be filled with good food, loads of travel and everything else you wish for! May it bring peace, happiness and contentment. A child who is always happy to bake wouldn’t be bad either, take my word for it.
This update is mainly happening because of the child, his holidays and love for baking. It is a post from 2015 and was lying around with a horrible photo. But since he baked a fresh batch, I ended up taking a new picture too. It is a win-win! So don’t wait, come join us in our win-win and bake these delicious muffins.
Citrus Coconut Muffins
- 2 and 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 90 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest finely grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest finely grated
- 1 egg large
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut fresh
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Combine the lemon zest, orange zest, egg, orange juice and milk - basically all the liquid ingredients in one bowl.
- Take another bowl and add the flour and the sugar. Add the butter into this mixture by rubbing it slightly. Add half the coconut and mix.
- Now add the liquid ingredients which are mixed together into this bowl. Gently mix until just everything comes together. Don't over mix it.
- Now add in this mixture in the muffin tray and sprinkle some shredded coconut on the top. (We missed doing this since the child added all of it in the batter but it still worked)
- Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven or until the skewer comes out clean.