Few things in life give as much happiness as chocolate and these chocolate truffles are the best way to eat your way into chocolate heaven 🙂
I used to make a lot of chocolate truffles once upon a time. I don’t know when I stopped, but then I saw this recipe in Cooking More by Tarla Dalal and I thought of making truffles again.
This morning I was chatting with Itchy and she asked, do the insides of these truffles turn soft? I replied not as soft as shop-bought truffles but I will have to eat my words here. N says it’s as good as branded chocolate. In fact, I didn’t tell him that I made them, and gave one to him and only after he said wow, it’s just melting in the mouth, I told him I made it 😀
And another reason I am proud of myself is that I didn’t eat these! 🙂 🙂
These truffles are really easy to make. Just four ingredients but the taste is so awesome. If you are a chocolate fan like I am, then these quick to eat truffles are the best to have. I am currently, not eating chocolate, but given a choice, I would just have 3 in one go.
Of course, you need to be careful when you are melting the chocolate that you don’t burn it. Especially if you are doing it in the microwave. I have had a few burnt experiences 🙂 But if you get that right, then it is just the matter of refrigerating them and rolling them out.
And if you are truffles fan like I am, then you should be trying the white chocolate and Nutella truffles too. They are super easy to make as well and taste so amazing. In fact a combination of these truffles would make the perfect dessert platter for you. Drool worthy and so awesome looking.
Ok, drooling over and now the recipe 😀
- 400 gm milk chocolate
- 200 gm dark chocolate
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 50 gm coconut desiccated
- Grate 200 gm milk chocolate and 200 gm dark chocolate.
- Bring cream to boil and take it off the stove.
- Add both the grated chocolates and whisk gently till mixed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 15 min.
- Take out the mix and make small balls by rolling it in your hands. You can moisten your hand with a very little water if the mixture sticks but remember very wet hands can make the balls too soft.
- Melt the rest of the milk chocolate using a double boiler or in microwave. I melted it in the microwave. In case you do the same, remember never to melt chocolate on high, always on medium around 450W. Stir it at 1 min intervals till it's melted and a little shiny.
- Dip the previously rolled balls in this melted chocolate and leave it to chill for 10 min in the refrigerator.
- Roll the cooled balls in desiccated coconut... and go eat!
- For the outer coating you can also use cocoa powder, sweet candies and nuts. If you use these coatings, roll the balls in them before chilling but after the coating is semi-set.
Yum! Looks gr8 so it must b as gud as any 😉
Goofy Mumma says
You are absolutely torturing me here Mon. And kudos to you for staying away. i wish i had that kind of determination.
these look good.are you giving live demos and free samples??
no drooling cuz I dont like chocolates 🙂
Monix, that’s looks really yum. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
B K CHOWLA says
Once you mention Tarala Dala,it reminds me of the time I made a Video with her…WHAT’S COOKING.We took care of the marketing aspect.It was a good project I handled.
yay.. drool drool. thanks for posting it
and PS- you can give it to me… (the answer to your last line)
he he 🙂
BTW how come u didnt claim to be 1st today
yeh kya ho gaya?
ummm…courier it to me ?:P
i hope this continues
thanks and ya u are most welcome gazal come over
u dont like chocos? really
u are missing a pleasure in life reema
happy raksha bandhan to u too sols
wow that must have been good 🙂
why dont u come over darling
I want some, they look yuuuuummmy
Life Begins says
wow..great – great start for the festive season thats picking up now 🙂
and i am so proud of u for not getting tempted by them. I wish i was that strong. Congrats – every small step counts!
The day I do, I’m going to force you into making them all over again 😛
its a done deal meira 🙂
ha ha shal i courier that and what u make out of it pls send it back 😛
come over prats
he he thanks… u guys have made me very proud of myself 😉
Che che .. Me 1st DANGANAKA!!!! Monu, u hv ur dancing shoes ready 😉
yes yes dancing shoes.. the music everything ready
dhin chak dhin chak dhin chak 🙂
Monika, That looks abs yum! And how do you manage not to scoff them down? I would have eaten most of them 🙁
I am tempted to try them out – but will restrain myself – can do with less temptations:)
Proof that I religiously visit and knock on ur doors 😛 😛
Why dint u make these for me 🙄
Pl. send ur receipes at the above mail id.
very useful site. Pl. send ur receipes at the above mail id. Thanks.
try dark chocolate for inside and also to dip. Milk chocolate is too sweet and also clogs more…. I find dark chocolate easy to dip.