Chicken Xacuti Salad with Honey Poppy Dressing is almost like eating deconstructed Chicken Xacuti. Goa on your plate, comforting and filling.
So when I was making a list of alphabets and salad, Xacuti was always lurking in my mind for X. But somehow a Chicken Xacuti Salad wasn’t sounding exciting enough. But then a friend said it out loud to me again, breaking it down into elements and it sounded perfect.
The salad has the sharp and pungent chicken marinated and grilled with Xacuti masala and coconut. Mixed with some lightly pickled onions, cukes, lots of leaves and roasted cashews. Finally finished with a honey poppy seed dressing. I briefly flirted with an idea of a Fenny dressing, I really think it would perfect but surprise I didn’t have Fenny at home.
I probably will make this again with some feni dressing but till then the poppy seed dressing works just as perfectly. And with this, we are two salads away from the end of this series. And my husband has been telling me, I should continue making these salads every day. No, don’t worry I will post other things too and not just salads forever. LOL!
If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here.
Chicken Xacuti Salad with Honey Poppy Dressing
For the chicken
- 500 gm chicken breast
- 1/4 cup coconut grated
- 1 inch ginger
- 8 garlic pods
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 5 Dry red chilies
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
For the salad
- 2 cup mixed greens
- 2 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 onions peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cashews toasted
For the dressing
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Grind together all the marinade ingredients mentioned under the chicken heading. Smear the chicken breasts with the marinade and set it aside in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, cook them with a little olive oil in a cast iron pan till browned on both sides cooked fully. Set aside for resting.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a little bottle.
- Slice the chicken and mix with the rest of the salad ingredientds. Drizzle dressing on top and serve immediately
Leave a Reply