I have been craving for a good old-fashioned moist cake and this Almond Coconut Blueberry Cake checks all the boxes for the same. The cake is addictive and so so delicious, this one is a recipe that will surely make its way in your recipe book.
Who doesn’t love tea cakes, no fuss simple and honest cakes. And this Almond Coconut Blueberry Cake is just that. It is August and it is the birthday month for me. For me, August is a lot of things. It is the month of pampering, the month of reflection, the month of making plans, the month of self-care. And I decided to celebrate the arrival of August with baking a pretty cake.
I have adapted this cake from an Ottolenghi’s recipe. A friend had posted a picture of the cake she made and it looked so good. I made a few changes here and there. I didn’t have almond flakes at home so I skipped them. I also used an almond flour instead of ground almonds. I guess it works both ways. I also reduced the sugar I used in the recipe and for us it was good enough.
This cake recipe is surely going into my handwritten recipe diary. Simple to make and I cannot stop eating it. Try it once and I am sure you will be making this regularly. The recipe has eggs and I haven’t tested it for being eggless. So if you want to bake an eggless version of it then maybe search the net. Or read this post where I talk about egg replacements.
Almond Coconut Blueberry Cake - Moist & Old fashioned
- 180 gm almond flour or use ground almonds
- 60 gm desiccated coconut
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 70 gm flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 200 gm unsalted butter melted at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lemon's zest +juice
- 150 gm fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Grease a 8 or 9 inc round cake tin and preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the almond flour, coconut, sugar, flour, baking powder nd salt in a large mixing bowl and mix to aerate and remove the lumps. I use a fork and a whisk for doing so
- Using a hand beater, whisk eggs well till they are nice and frothy. Add melted butter, vanilla and lemon zest and mix further till incorporated
- Add lemon juice, bluberries and mix till they are evenly spread.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and if using almond flakes top the batter with them
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 40-50 minutes till the skewer comes out clean.