Eggnog Muffins are the perfect muffins to bake for Xmas and to welcome the New Year. With a hint of nutmeg and the flavors of eggnog, these muffins are a delight to bite into!
A very happy new year to all my dear readers, and hope 2012 is treating you well. May the New Year bring along with it loads of happiness, success and new beginnings too. And some eggnog muffins too :):):)
I am starting the year with a desire to do something big, with a news which I am sharing with you of a humble starting which I some day hope will make it big too… So the news may be a little old to most now, but was so busy in general, that I realized I have I missed posting the news on the blog. which has been the starting point of it all! This blog which made me think that ‘yes a career outside IT is indeed may be possible for me‘ and that there is something beyond binary numbers that I can do well… Yes we are talking about Sin-A-Mon going commercial with its offerings.
Well truly speaking, it was the belief of my friends which made me take the first step and of course the deal at chaipatty… when Chirag and I spoke about supplying the baked goodies to him, I wasn’t really sure which way it would go, but the feedback and the acceptance there and the demand for more and morem just made me a happy person. The confidence levels shot up and so did the desire to achieve more. I started the design for the website and opened it up for orders and did they start pouring in, more than I thought they will.. In about 2 months, I have delivered many orders which includes an almost 300 piece plum cake order for Wipro.
Any success is sweet and this to indeed is sweet success, though this is just a beginning and there is a long way to go before I sleep. So friends, wish me luck and please do spread the word about Sin-A-Mon, for which I have lots of things in plan.. seasonal special flavours, baking workshops and more which I will keep announcing, as and when it goes.
This is the website, do see and let me know the feedback too… http://www.sinamontales.com , also if you haven’t liked the Sin-A-Mon FB page yet please do – http://facebook.com/sinamontales
And a celebration is never complete without some sweets and a toast and today I am bringing to you both a Margarita and some yummy eggnog muffins that we made for Xmas this year.
With winters around, (at least in some part of the country, here in Bangalore sadly it already feels like summer, sigh!) eggnog muffins are the ideal way to start your day. Perfect for breakfast or perfect for evening with tea in the evening… actually perfect for just about anytime.
When A of Bakers Street mailed me just before Xmas saying, we’ll be making eggnog muffins for Xmas, I made them the day she sent me. However, I was so busy with work that I just couldn’t get around posting it before the Monday post went up.
I absolutely love eggnog as a drink too but somehow raw egg worries me a lot, specially because I know Ojas is going to have it with us. However, I still make it once every season at least and try and have it without showing it to Ojas (also it has loads of rum to be give to child ;P) but these muffins seemed like a perfect solution to express my love for Eggnog :D.
The recipe of the eggnog I make is very similar to this one, only I use rum instead of brandy since I am not too fond of brandy… the bourbon remains if I have it in stock or its gets replaced by any good whisky I have 🙂
For the muffin recipe, I just followed the recipe on King Arthur Flour blog and just added dried black currants to the crumble top!
Source: King Arthur Flour
A Big news with Margarita and Eggnog Muffins
For the Margarita
- 20 ml Cointreau
- 10 ml lime juice
- ice some crushed if you like your drink chilled
For the Batter of Eggnog Muffins
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour / maida
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla flavor or eggnog flavor
- 1 and 1/4 cup eggnog
For the Topping of Eggnog Muffins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon eggnog flavor optional
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon dried black currants optional
- Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour with sieve leaving behind the ice... cheers... to Sin-A-Mon 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups with non-stick vegetable oil spray; this will ensure that they peel off the muffins nicely.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till smooth. Add the eggs, beating for several minutes and scraping the bowl, till the mixture is smooth and light colored. Beat in the baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and eggnog flavor or vanilla.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog or half and half, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Stir together all of the topping ingredients JUST till crumbly. Stir gently, and don't overmix; you don't want to turn this crumbly topping into a solid mass. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until they're a pale golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Congratulations yet again 🙂 and wish you a very successful 2012.. This is such a happy news Monika.
R's Mom says
Awesome Mon…its lovely to hear that you found something which you love doing..so proud 🙂
Wishing you a super duper success…and everything in life
PS – I still make your fat free burger once a week!I know I know but the family loves it 🙂
Baker Street says
Congratulations Monika! The muffins look perfect as does the margarita! Perfect way to start the year and celebrate your news. 🙂
Mamma Mia! Me a Mamma?!? says
Very proud of you Mon! Wishing you every ounce of success for the new venture…I’m sure you’ll be brilliant!
Anita Menon says
Congrats Monika!! All the very best. You are doing us all proud.
We had the most awesome muffins and plum cake at ur place for Xmas, so the 300+ order isn’t much of a surprise.
Dee & DH
I’ve said this so many times now, but I mean it every time..YOU ROCK, girl!
Thank you so much Tara
happy new year monika and may the new year bring you abundant orders and take sinamon baking to new heights of success. congratulations and best of luck!
Priya Yallapantula says
That is such a big news. Congrats dear and may your business flourish 🙂
Bubble Catcher says
Congrats!! I have been to chaipatty a couple of times.Will certainly check out your goodies next time around 🙂
[…] Read More here: sinamontales.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/a-big-news-with-margarita-and-eggnog-muffins/ […]…