White Chocolate & Nutella Truffles and being featured in Cosmopolitan
I am usually not a person who makes a lot of chocolates, cooking with chocolate at home is mostly about baking. I have indeed tried by hands at truffles before and everyone in the family loved it, but still somehow I never went back to baking them. But for the past sometime O had been asking me "mumma lets make some chocolates" and I have been telling him soon, so when Cosmopolitan approached me sometime ago about their "Digital Media Issue" the whole thing kind of fell in place. So their idea was that they will give three bloggers a hero ingredient to work with and we had to come up with an easy and yummy recipe... something that can be easily out together by people at home.
I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to make those chocolates that I have been thinking about forever and nutella sigh how can I miss out one of my most favorite ingredients from it, tell me? So I decided to make "White Chocolate & Nutella Truffles" and kid you not they were delicious, I also added a bit of chilli in them to give them a nice hit... It balanced the sweetness of white chocolate beautifully, I have a feeling that rum would have been a perfect addition to the same, I can almost imagine a strong hit of rum working magically with this combo but sadly I didn't add any to it, come on I was making them for O and I am after all a good mother.
Total time - 50 minutes.
Cooking time - 20 minutes.
Serving size - makes about 12 truffles.
- In a double boiler or using a microwave melt together dark chocolate, butter, cream, paprika and nutella. If using a microwave remember to stir it every 20 seconds or so and don't over heat it. Switch it off just when it starts melting and whisk to completely blend and melt completely.
- Chill it for about 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator so that it becomes easier to shape.
- Using a melon baller or a spoon make small balls. If you find the dough sticking to your hands powdering your hands and spoon with cocoa works very well to shape the balls. Put the balls back in the freezer for 5 minutes and in the meanwhile melt white chocolate chips and oil together in the microwave oven or double boiler. If using a microwave take care of the above points as mentioned.
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate to coat it, then place on a sheet of wax paper.
- If you want to decorate it with chocolate sprinkles add them when the white chocolate is still not fully set and if you don't like white chocolate too much coat the truffles in cocoa and chocolate sprinkles mixture. Bite into yummy and soft goodness.