A simple pear and alfalfa sprouts salad with a sprinkling of peanuts and cheese is a perfect one bowl meal option!
So I have been missing from this space for a while now. And I see some of you looking at me and saying “now, now what’s new in it? Don’t you do that now and then?”. But, if you look this year, I have been a little better and regular, dear readers. This time around the reason I was missing, was the series of kids workshops during summer vacations and then the big ten day long, Belgium and Europe vacation, we did. I have so much to write about that vacation, where we went, what we ate and so much more. Hopefully very very soon. Meanwhile, this pear and alfalfa sprouts salad happened.
And in the meanwhile, I have started writing for Archana’s Kitchen. Some recipes, some articles and a lot of plans for more. Do check out all of my writing on AK here at this link. I might or might not be sharing the stuff I write there depending on time and other factors. So do follow me there too! And besides AK is a great website to follow in general, anyway.
So, back to the recipe. I am sharing the recipe of Pear and Alfalfa sprouts salad recipe that was posted there a while ago.If you follow my instagram feed (link here) you will know we do eat a lot of salads at home. I do intend to post some of my favorites here on the blog and this is the starting of the salad series hopefully.
Salads are extremely under rated if you ask me. I mean, you can make salads really interesting with some dressings and adding some zest to them. All you need to do is understand what dressing works with which type of salad, and trust me, they are a perfect one bowl meal option. Healthy and delicious.
Of vacations, going missing and a salad recipe
- 2 pears crisp and green
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon peanuts roasted and coarsely pound
- 3 - 4 basil leaves , shredded
- 1 tablespoon brie cheese sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp pepper freshly ground
- to taste salt
- To begin making the pear and alfalfa sprouts salad, wash and slice pears in thin slices and add it to a large salad bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together along with the sliced pears until just about combined.
- Make sure the sprouts and pear are dry.Wet ingredients can lead to limp salads.
- Serve the salad chilled along with toasted garlic bread garnished with a few basil leaves for a light lunch or dinner.