Mango Pista IceCream | BM6 Post 6
I have grown up eating home made mango ice creams, I still remember every summer when mum or if she is busy dad would mango ice cream and we would keep on peeping in the fridge all day long to see if its frozen or not and in the end get scolded by mom dad for opening the fridge way too often and hence no ice cream but that wont prevent us we would go ahead andeat the half frozen ice cream too... aah the joy of childhood. So with those memories in place I set out to make mango ice cream some days back. And could see the same cycle repeating. Instead of me opening the fridge it was Ojas this time and I could see myself turning into my mom and skipping a beat everytime he opened it :) but all in all the ice cream turned out brilliant and I enjoyed the whole getting back to my childhood and reliving those memories.
Though I remember mom going through the laborious process of boiling and reducing milk I decieded to take the easy way out... the no cook easy milkmaid ice cream :)
Adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor
- Puree the mangoes and the sugar together. Use a little milk if u want.
- To the pureed mangoes add the condensed milk, milk and whisk together well . Add the lemon juice and whisk somemore.
- Cover with a foil and keep for freezing.
- When it is almost frozen take it out and blend it will in a blender or mixer. I added pista at this stage.
- Put it back for freezing in individual moulds or in a tin and enjoy when its ready if u can wait for that long :)
Also check out what Other Blogging Marathoners are upto
Sending this to My Culinary Creations - Mango Recipes