Baked Spinach Balls - High Protein Delight
This is one of the recipes that has been lying in my drafts from a very long time, Sometime back I did a Low carb diet (i.e no cereals, loads of protein rich stuff and veggies) was looking out for recipes which would comply with it. That is when I saw Sanjeeta's baked spinach balls though the recipe as it is not something I could have as it contained potatoes and bread crumbs but I was sure I could somehow adapt it. I thought for it for a while and finally decided how I was going to play around with it.
I replaced potato with paneer and the breadcrumbs with a half and half mixture of roasted grinded soya flakes and almond meal and it would be un understatement to say I was very satisfied with the result. It broke the routine I was having with eggs, salsad, stir fries and added a punch to my diet.
My son and hubby who were not really a part of the diet really enjoyed it too and now its quite a regular thing at home.
Recipe - High protein Baked Spinach Balls(adapted from Lite Bite)
- Dry roast the soya flakes, grind to a coarse powder after it cools and keep separate.
- Combine all the ingredients together and roll into small balls.
- Grease the baking tray and place them on it. Optionally you can also use some cooking spray on top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200C for about 20 mins or so.
- Relish with sauce of choice :)
Check out what my other fellow’s are cooking in the marathon