Naan and HLI - Spinach an event announcement
Naan is one of those delicious flatbreads which you just can't resist! When served hot with butter on it, it is most yummy dish ever :)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon Instant dry yeast I use gloripan
- Pinch sugar
- to taste salt
- water (About 1 cup warm water)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- butter for greasing as much as you want (go ahead and don't be shy!)
Activate the yeast with sugar and warm water for 5 minutes.
Mix this with flour and salt and knead well for about 5-7 minutes till you get a smooth and stretchy dough.
Leave it for proofing for about 3 hours or so.
Pinch the dough and make small same sized balls. Roll it out in a oven or desired shape. Grease with butter.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 2-3 minutes, turn and bake for another 2 mins.
Serve hot with more butter if you want.
And now to the event announcement, If you look around yourself I can bet you won't be able to find even one mom who is not always breaking her heads for finding new healthy lunchbox ideas, thats why I loved the idea of HLI event started by Mom Chef Kalyani.
This month from today to December 10th, I’ll be hosting this event and the theme I have chosen in Spinach, can it get healthier? So cook up you favourite spinach dish and send it to me quick
Some ground rules please :)
Hyper link to this post and Kalyani’s post
Your blog name and URL.
Name of the recipe.
Link to your post.
Picture of the recipe (pls limit this to max 300 px)
Use of logo will be appreciated.
If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you have to say about it !
- Cook anything which spinach that can be sent in lunch boxes and send my way.
- upto 2 archived entries are welcome, provided you re-post them with reference to this event.
- Only vegetarian recipes eggs ofcourse are allowed.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to send in their entries to the following email ID.
- Send a mail with below mentioned information to this email ID : tales dot sinamon(at)gmail(dot)com.