Lentil and Tandoori Chicken Salad Recipe
A salad with familiar Indian flavors. Lentil and Tandoori Chicken Salad is comforting, delicious and just what you want when looking for a healthy meal. Replace paneer for a vegetarian version or tofu for vegan.
- 1 cup tandoori chicken sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 cup lentils of choice boiled or steamed, depending on whether using fresh or dry
- 100 gm mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup colored bell peppers deseed and chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tsp mustard oil (you can use vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
In a small tadka pan, heat mustard oil. Switch off the heat and add tandoori masala, salt and lemon juice. Mix and set aside
In a large bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients. Pour dressing over the top and mix gently
Serve with naan crisps or toasted bread
I use a homemade tandoori masala but the Tandoori masala of Shaan or Catch is pretty decent.
This is a very old post with the recipe of tandoori chicken (warning - horrible pictures). Note to self - update the pictures soon.
Use paneer or tofu for a vegetarian version, even cauliflower would work very well I feel.