Sweet Potato Salad with Broccoli and Chipotle Dressing is a hearty, comforting salad. Perfect for that healthy meal or as a side to a light stew and bread.
I love sweet potato aka shakarkandi in all forms! But a few years I discovered that it is almost perfect in salads. As perfect as the shakarkandi chaat you get in Delhi. There I said it! So here is Sweet Potato Salad with Broccoli and Chipotle Dressing, a salad which will make your meal a happy one.
If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here.
Sweet Potato Salad with Broccoli and Chipotle Dressing
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce see recipe notes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame
For the salad
- 200 gm sweet potato
- 200 gm broccoli
- 1/2 cups lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Peel and dice the sweet potato in medium sized pieces. Tear broccoli into florets. Add olive oil and salt, and grill till just done. This will take around 18-20 minutes. Set aside for cooling.
- In the meanwhile, mix together all dressing ingredient and blend well. Add to the roasted sweet potato and broccoli. Mix and serve on a bed of lettuce.
This version of adobo/Chipotle is pretty decent. click below to buy using the affiliate link
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply