Spinach Surprise is a delicious snack made in the microwave made with some amazingly healthy ingredients and tastes so yummy! It is a perfect evening snack or a after-school snack!
If there is one magazine I read with alarming regularity it is Good Housekeeping. I just love it, So this month when the newspaper walla delivered the magazine and I started flipping through it, I found that there are some lovely microwave recipes in that and when I am hosting MEC this month, this couldn’t have made me happier, isn’t it? All the recipes were lovely, but the two that specially caught my eye were Spinach Surprise and Fish in Lemon Butter. I didn’t have fish fillets at home so I decided to make this spinach surprise, but I am sure I will try the fish too.
I love cooking in the microwave because it just so easy! You just put the ingredients in and you get amazing food out! Whether it is making tea in the microwave, or some aloo mutter, I love trying out new dishes in the microwave! And honestly, making evening snacks in the microwave just makes it easy for me! If I have guests coming for dinner, this spinach surprise is one dish I would definitely try. It is a perfect cocktail bite and even kids love it with some ketchup!
I have been using my microwave extensively for cooking now a days. And thanks to the MEC, I have discovered so many wonderful recipes. Isn’t the blogging world amazing? I have discovered great recipes, I have made such awesome friends and I have learnt so many new tricks and tips in cooking and baking. That is a win-win situation, isn’t it?
If you are thinking of whether to invest in a microwave or not, I think, you should! Because you sure can make some amazing stuff in it!
Spinach Surprise : Step by Step Recipe
- Put oil in mustard seeds and crushed garlic in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and microwave on high for another 3 minutes or till the onions are slightly pink.
- Add the spinach puree to the above bowl.
- And microwave on high for 2 minutes till its just a bit cooked.
- Keep this aside for cooling and in the meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, besan and salt.
- Add the kasuri methi and green chillies and give it a little whisk.
- Add the cooled spinach mixture and fold gently.
- Pour in microwave safe utensils. It is better to pour in small individual moulds. I used silicon muffin moulds and mini muffin moulds.
- Microwave on medium power till a skewer comes out clean. My muffins took about 8 minutes.
- All of us in the house loved them and I think the mini ones are just perfect for kids even as cocktail snacks.
Life Begins says
Tooooo good and perfect timing
I am hosting an xmas lunch on sunday and really wanted to make something with spinach. Thanks a lot for super idea!
wow so did u try this one?
I luvvv Good Housekeeping too 🙂
Life Begins says
YES YES YES….super duper…
*dance dance dance*
i love it..i live your blog 🙂