Spicy Chicken wings are perfect appetiser which are easy to make and really delicious!
Spicy chicken wings are super easy to make and super tasty to eat. They are my fix for weekday chicken eating, if Ojas doesn’t want to eat a chicken curry, which is more often than I would like it to be 😉
It is really amazing how easy these are to make. For all the trips that people make to fast food joints to have spicy chicken wings, let me tell you, it is really not needed. These chicken wings have very basic ingredients and require no elaborate cooking. Yes, there is a marination time which you need to consider, but that is it. Just marinate the chicken and cook it in the oven. It really can’t get easier than this.
I love chicken and while I had a phase when I had stopped eating it, I must admit it is one dish I cannot give up. Whether it is the awesome Punjabi style pressure cooker chicken curry or the South Indian style chicken curry you have with dosas, I love it all. In fact, I do a lot of cooking with chicken.
These spicy chicken wings are perfect as cocktail starters too. Just marinate the chicken and keep it in. And when you plan to serve, just take it out and pop it in the oven. Can’t get simpler than this 🙂 While most chicken wings available in fast food joints are deep fried, this one is just baked, which means that it is really healthier.
I was reading about the history of chicken wings the other day, and apparently, they were created to have along side with beer while watching sports in America. Interesting, eh? So basically, chicken wings are a great eat-in-front-of-the-TV kind of food 🙂
Here is the recipe to the easiest chicken wings dish ever!
Spicy Chicken Wings
- 8 chicken wings (I mostly use without skin , but you can use with skin if you want)
- 1 tsp green chilli sauce (make it 2, if kids are not going to eat it)
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1.5 tsps vinegar
- 2 to 3 pods garlic crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- to taste salt
- Mix all ingredients apart from salt and chicken together.
- Coat chicken with the mix above and set aside for marination for about 2 hours.
- After two hours, add salt and set aside for 5 mins.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200C for 20-25 mins till they turn golden brown.