French Toast with a twist – This Pesto and Paneer Stuffed French Toast is a sure winner breakfast!
Thinking of what to make for breakfast? Look no further! This pesto and paneer stuffed french toast will make your day!
I am very breakfast person, I need to have my breakfast well. I need variety in my breakfast despite the fact that I don’t want to give up on my breakfast eggs. Yes I am silly like that, so some days ago when I was browsing through BBC Good Food’s latest edition, this paneer stuffed French toast caught my eye. We make a lot of French toasts at home and some stuffed too, but the stuffed ones mostly are sweet like Nutella stuffed or Peanut butter stuffed or even banana and cinnamon stuffed. When I saw the paneer stuffed one, I wondered why haven’t I thought of this before and made it the very next day. I added a bit of pesto spread to it since I had it handy and I love pesto. It was quick to make, took me hardly 10 minutes to put everything together and it was yummy and it was healthy. A perfect start to the day in every way. So here is the recipe for all those who saw it on FB and were asking me for the recipe.
I love pesto because it has the goodness of everything in it! While a classic pesto has pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil and cheese in it, there are so many variations to it! They taste super delicious with almost anything! Try them with pasta, or just use them as a spread over the normal sandwiches, as a dip or even add to soups!
I have tried a few variations of pesto with spinach and avocado! Here are the recipes for those!
Source – Adapted from BBC Good Food
Quick Cooking : Pesto & Paneer Stuffed French Toast
- 4 Brown bread slices
- 1 onion small finely chopped
- 1 tomato small finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup paneer crumbled
- 1 chilly green finely chopped
- to taste Salt
- to fry butter A little
- 2 eggs
- Mix crumbled paneer, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilly and salt.
- Spread half of the pesto on one slice of bread.
- Layer with half of the paneer stuffing.
- Top with another bread.
- Beat one egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the bread sandwich in the egg mixture on both sides and cook on a heater tawa till golden brown.
- Repeat for the other two bread slices.
- Cut in half and eat warm.