So yesterday night we crossed 100,000 hits on the blog and the funny thing is that I hadn’t noticed we are getting close to that at all!
I was so happy that I celebrated it by baking some awesome green tea cupcakes!
So yesterday night we crossed 100,000 hits on the blog and the funny thing is that I hadn’t noticed we are getting close to that at all… Suddenly while looking at my blog trying to draw some inspiration to write again my eye fell on the magical number 100,052 and I was like wow. I had a very dull and disturbed day with some not so good news coming my way and this suddenly cheered me up.!
And just look at the picture what a coincidence to have the wine next to the figure to celebrate, feels like the picture is reaching out and saying “heres to many more 100, 000” and before in very Oscary way, I must thank you all, my readers who have made this possible, isn’t it 🙂 Jokes apart seriously when I started blogging and then later started a food blog, I never imagined I would see this day, a little over year and a half and 100,000 hits, 4,337 followers. I feel so good, warm and loved. So a sincere thank you.
And when there are celebrations how can there not be dessert 🙂 And inspired by yesterday’s episode of Masterchef on cooking with teas, here are some green tea cupcakes for you!
I am a big tea fan and the idea of tea as drinking as well as in cooking appeals to me a lot and these were just yumm. A refined green tea taste with goodness of butter, hardly anything that can go wrong here anyways. I love these green tea cupcakes!
And oh, before we get to the recipe, have you tried this chai masala flavored chocolate fudge?
Recipe – Green Tea Cupcakes.
Source – adapted from a combination of many recipes online.
Of 100,000 hits and green tea cupcakes
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs large
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsps matcha
- 2 green tea syrup tsbp
For the icing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp green tea syrup
- 1 tbsp matcha
- For the cupcakes, dissolve matcha in milk, let it stand for 5 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- Mix butter and sugar together till light and fluffy for about 3 minutes or so.
- Add eggs one by one till they are incorporated.
- Add the green tea syrup and the milk + matcha you made in step 1.
- Add flour and mix.
- Pour in lined muffins pans, this will make around 12 cupcakes.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for about 18-20 minutes till the skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely, till then sample one warm... its amazing melt in your mouth 🙂
- For the butter cream icing cream butter and sugar till nice and fluffy, add the green tea syrup, matcha and milk slowly to it and continue beating.
- Pipe it on the cupcake using your favorite tip.