Multigrain Chilla made from a powder of multiple grains which taste so delicious and is very nutritious! Cut it into small slices and it is perfect finger food for your toddler too!
Last Sunday morning we were all bored with our regular breakfasts and wanted something different. After a long discussion and no decision, I told my hubby, Ok, I will go into the kitchen and make something different. When he asked me what it would be, I told him I don’t know as of now and I really didn’t. Once I reached the kitchen, I started looking through what ingredients I had at home. My hands stumbled upon this multigrain powder we make at home for my 9 month-old son and 84 year-old granny 🙂 And I decided to do something with it (like making a multigrain chilla) and the results were extremely nice.
The recipe to this super healthy multigrain powder is as follows:
- 100 gm ragi (finger millet)
- 100 gm wheat
- 100 gm bajra (pearl millet)
- 100 gm jawar
- 100 gm corn
- 100 gm green moong dal
- 100 gm black gram
- handful of almonds
- handful of cashew
Wash all the grains and soak them overnight for slight sprouting. Dry roast them on a low flame and then grind them to a powder.
This powder is extremely nutritious and my son loves it. For him I usually make it by just cooking it for 5 min with water and later feed him by mixing it with his formula or some curd. The above way of making it is a cumbersome process and if you don’t have the time and energy to do so, you can get a similar ready powder in the market (at least in the southern parts of the country it’s pretty popular).
Some other chilla recipes on the blog:
- 1 cup Multi grain powder Recipe in the post
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped (I used yellow and red ones)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- to taste salt and chili powder
- Mix the powder with water to get a batter of smooth consistency.
- Add salt, chilli powder and rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a tawa and spread the mixture on the hot tawa.
- Roast on side and then turn and roast the other.
- Enjoy with ketchup or green chutney.