A simple weekly menu after the Navratri celebrations!
We are just about recovering from a happy Dusherra celebrations and a week of indulgence, this week we have decided to take our weekly menu a bit easy. We are totally cutting sugar and going easy on carbs. Most places you see roti and rice and that is mostly for the child and mother in law. N and I plan to have the salad, sabji, dal and protein being served. Here is the menu for this week.
Some of the recipes used in this week’s menu are
Rui Macher Jhol (Bengali Style Fish Curry)
Broccoli, Chilli & Garlic Rice
Khichdi (replace methi leaves with palak)
This is also a very busy week with a consulting assignment at it’s peak which means I am out of house very often and hence I have been cooking everything on the same day. did a lot of prep on Sunday before the weekly madness started. Here is what you can do which can help to have the week run smoothly
- Chop spinach and store. Boil and puree some for the curry
- Chop, grill and store vegetables for pasta in an airtight container
- Chop, par boil or steam vegetables for vermicilli and store in an airtight container
- Make green chutney and store in a clean, airtight bottle
- Make pesto and store in a clean, airtight bottle
- Grate cheese and freeze in an airtight container
See, such simple things, but trust me, they sure make life so easy. Especially when you know exactly what you are going to cook when. It works really well for me. Let me know if this was of help and if there is anything else you would like to see in my weekly menu posts
Have I told you lately that I love you? Muah. Thanks
I love you too Noodle 🙂 Always welcome