Mango Shrimp Salad with Quinoa and Avocado is a perfect balance of flavors and textures. A salad which can be a complete meal, a side of a larger dinner and even perfect for a weekend cocktail party.
This isn’t the first time I am saying I love fruits in salads. Over the past 15 days and 12 salads, you have heard me saying that a lot. You have also heard me say how much I love using mangoes in a salad. And this Mango Shrimp Salad with Quinoa and Avocado is just a reaffirmation of those facts. *insert winky emoji*
So we are half way through this salad journey. This Mango Shrimp Salad with Quinoa and Avocado is the 13th post in the series of A-Z salads. Tell me, if you are enjoying these salads as much I am? What else would you like to see? I have a couple of how to plans along with the next few salads. But I would love to hear what is that guys are looking for? Is there anything, in particular, that you would like to know or clarify when it comes to making salads on a regular basis? If you share that with me, I will address that in the next few posts.
I am also doing a live session today on Instagram at 9 pm (Monday, 16th April) to take questions and talk some more about salads. So do tune in. It will be a fun discussion, I am known to be funny if nothing else. *insert another winky emoji*, yes I am in that kind of a mood today.
In the meanwhile here is the recipe for the delicious Mango Shrimp Salad with Quinoa and Avocado. If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here.
Mango Shrimp Salad with Quinoa and Avocado
- 1/4 cup quinoa I like to use a rainbow blend but any kind works
- 250 gms shrimp medium, deveined and tail on
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 2 medium mango I used alphanso but any firm ones should work
- 1/2 cup swiss chard or alternatively use baby beetroot leaves
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in two
- 2 tbsp Miso Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- Salt to taste
- In a cast iron pan, heat butter. Add chopped garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add salt, paprika, and prawns. Cook for 4-5 minutes till they are cooked but tender. Keep aside
- In a large pot, boil 1 cup of water and add quinoa to it. Boil for 10-12 minutes till the quinoa is done. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together all the salad ingredients and gently pour the Miso Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.