Avocado Toast is the food that Instagram can’t stop talking about! And this Mango Avocado Toast is probably one of the best versions of it I have made. Creamy, spicy, tart and sweet. It is like the perfect harmony of flavours. And you know the best part, the topping works so well as a Mango Avocado Dip.
I have been tripping on Mangoes and savouring them one mango at a time. But then every once in a while, I look at them and get inspired to cook something with the gorgeous fruits. Last week, I also received some delicious and creamy avocados from a farm in Coorg. And it seems natural that I combine them both to make the creamiest Mango Avocado Dip and then place it on homemade sourdough bread, layered with freshly plucked homegrown lettuce to make the most delicious Mango Avocado Toast.
I actually like to eat Avocado just as is. Sprinkle some salt and pepper in cut avocado, scoop it out of its shell and then enjoy. But the child doesn’t eat it at all like that. And hence I am always looking for interesting ways to serve him the fruit.
While we are talking about avocados, so many of you have messaged me to ask where do I buy it from. So I mostly always use the locally grown avocados, I mean as much as I like the Has variety I cannot imagine spending 500 bucks for each avocado I buy. The ones I get from Healthy Buddha are usually nice and creamy, so are the ones from town essentials. And then once in a while, a farm from Coorg sends me some. The thing with these beauties is that I eat them when I get them. And try not to make my menu revolve around them.
For now, leaving you with this delicious recipe. Use it as a dip for the weekend party or a topping for morning breakfast toast. It works well anyway you want it to.
Some more interesting Avocado Dishes
Mango Avocado Toast | Mango Avocado Dip
For the dip/topping
- 1 avocado Ripe
- 2 medium mangoes ripe, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chillies deseed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh
- 8 kalamata olives sliced
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For the toast
- Sourdough bread sliced
- lettuce leaves torn roughly
- Slice, scoop out and roughly mash the avocado using a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients of the dip/topping together gently.
- On a thin slice of sourdough bread, place washed and torn lettuce. Top with generous helping of mango avocado dip.
- Enjoy the Mango Avocado Toast with a cup of coffe for breakfast or a glass of wine on Friday evening!