This Healthy Chocolate MugCake is Glutenfree, refined sugarfree and eggless! Ready in 10 minutes, it is the perfect tea time treat one needs.
Some Mondays deserve CAKE! And for today’s tea time there is this Healthy Chocolate MugCake. It is Glutenfree, refined sugar-free, eggless Mug Cake. No no, don’t go away! This account hasn’t been hacked. It is very much me only posting. HAHA!
I also find mug cakes very fascinating and one day I will do a post about many ways you can actually make mug cakes interesting. Some of it might not even be cakes. LOL, I know I know!
But from pastas to fried rice to omelette to quiche to stews. A lot can be done using a microwave and a mug! But that might have to wait since as murphy would like it, my microwave broke down after I finished making this cake. *insert crying emoji*
I mean what time it is for a kitchen appliance to go kaput. I can’t even call a mechanic to fix this. Or even buy a new one. Why do things like this happen to me yaar. Why does murphy love me so much!
Anyways, let me leave you with a recipe till I dream about the other mug cakes.
Healthy Chocolate MugCake - Glutenfree, refined sugarfree, eggless!
- 2 tbsp Oat flour
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 4 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp milk any milk will do
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Make sure you have all the ingredients in hand before you start making the cake. You can make oat flour and almond flour in a food processor or mixie jar, by grinding the whole oats and almonds to a fine powder, separately though.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 20secs. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the liquid ingredients, mix to combine. Top with chocolate chips and microwave it for about 1- 1.5min (60-90 secs). Don't full the mug till the brim. About 3/4 should be good.
- It should be done by 1 min. But on the safer side you can put it back for another 15 secs. Take it out and let it cool down for about 5 mins at least.
- Top it with ice cream and chocolate sauce and enjoy.