Delicious grilled vegetable sandwiches served with loads of love is my idea of a perfect breakfast!
If you ask me whats the best food, I would say without a blink its the food served with love. And these grilled vegetable sandwiches are just that!
Yeah, I am silly that way specially when that food with love, is made by the boys in my life. So this Sunday when I woke up in the morning, no one wished me for Mother’s Day. I sulked a little, whined a little and told N that what a useless man he was 😉
So, he took it upon himself and said Ojas, come you and I will make breakfast for mumma today. I was asked to leave the kitchen and not interfere in what they are doing. In fact, I had to ask permission for clicking snaps too, as if I am going to eat the raw food, while clicking.
Now tell me, after you have two so cute people working on your breakfast, how can it not be yummy? Tell me again 🙂 After 45 minutes of crazy fighting sounds from the kitchen (do all dads and sons fight like this or I have got a mad pair ? ;-)) I was served a yummy sandwich and I am not saying just because it was made by them, it was truly yummy too.
Food served with love is always delicious. I still remember my grandmom’s delicious meetha gud ka parantha or the nankhatai she used to make when we were growing up. My mom’s special bread rolls or dad’s warm rum cocktail. So simple and yet so yummy!
So, I asked N for the recipe and here is the recipe according to N. He adds that he just put everything with approximation so don’t ask me for how much :P.
- bread slices
- potatoes almost boiled, peeled and sliced
- one onion sliced
- carrot grated
- Tomato cheese spread
- butter to grease
- Mayo To mix with the vegetables
- Mix onions, carrots and capsicum along with the mayo.
- On bread slice spread some cheese spread.
- Line with sliced boiled potatoes, sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Spread some of the mayo-veggie mix on top of it.
- Put another bread on it. Spread butter and grill it till brown.
- Enjoy it with chilli or tomato sauce with loads of love 😀