Cookie Crunch Mocha Custard is an wonderful dessert option which combines the yummy cookies to form a layer over a mocha flavored custard! Delicious is the word!
I have always been fond of cooking and its serves like therapy for me. Sometime back, when I was at home still looking for a job, I did a lot of experiments in the kitchen. Some of them didn’t turn out very good but most of them were nice. A lot of them were rated yummy by my sister and hubby. So, when my sister suggested that I start a cooking blog and start posting all these recipes, I decided to take up her suggestion. Hence I am starting this food blog and will be posting some of the good recipes here. This is one of my favorite recipe – cookie crunch mocha custard!
Making the custard is relatively easy but if you are not used to that process, here is the actual process.
a. Take out 50 ml of milk and boil the rest
b. Dissolve the custard powder in the 50ml milk you had taken out before
c. When the milk starts boiling, add the sugar and let the sugar dissolve
d. After the sugar is fully dissolved, add the milk in which you had dissolved the custard powder, while constantly stirring and boil for 2-3 mins.
And that is it! Your custard is ready!
I love making these simple yet elegant desserts. Just adding that mocha and the cookies topping to the custard, created a beautiful new dish from a simple custard. Isn’t that great? If you have a party coming up, do make this dessert, because it is super easy to serve. Individual portions can be made in small glasses in advance and all you have to do is serve it to the guests!
Cookie Crunch Mocha Custard
- 500 ml milk
- 3 tbsps vanilla custard powder
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 100 gms chocolate You can also use cocoa powder or just normal chocolate
- 2 tsps coffee powder
- 8 - 10 cookies mixed
- Melt the cooking chocolate in a double boiler (fill a large vessel with water and then keep a small vessel inside which contains the chocolate to be melted. You can also use microwave to melt the chocolate but be careful not to burn it.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in a little water to make a thick paste.
- Proceed normally to make a regular custard. (Use the steps I have described above in the post if you have never made custard before using custard powder)
- Now add the melted chocolate and coffee in the custard and boil for another 3-4 mins.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool a little.
- Crumble the mix cookies with hands and sprinkle on top of the custard after its a little cool. This has to be done when it has become lukewarm.. If it is too early means the cookies will become too soft and too late means they will not blend.
- Let the custard set in the refrigerator for 4-5 hrs.