Chickpeas and fruit salad full of taste and health! This salad is easy to put together and makes a complete one pot meal!
Chickpeas and fruit salad works very well because of the incredibly tasty balance that it achieves with the sweetness of fruit and the texture of the chickpeas when you bite into them.
Chickpeas have various fibres that help in are so nutritious that they’re known to control diabetes and blood pressure as well. Apart from this, they are also an incredibly versatile ingredient to cook with. You can eat them canned, dried or roasted, hot or cold.
The reason I love eating them in salads is that despite of the benefits I know, they’re slightly difficult to digest and our Indian spices make them even heavier. But when used in salads they are clean, light and easy on the tummy, so you don’t have that to worry about!
Eating chickpeas regularly boosts your daily intake of lots of nutrients too. And what better way of eating them than to make a nice, tasty salad? I usually have some chickpeas soaked and boiled in my fridge. So all this salad requires is just taking those out of the fridge and then adding some fruits to it. And voila! I have a perfect salad for lunch!
I love using chickpeas for many things. Like this garlic chickpeas and spinach curry or this super delicious pumpkin, couscous and chickpeas salad! And of course the super delicious chole bathure which is like one of my favorite comfort food in the world 🙂 The delicious colour of the chole and the tangy taste in the chole! Yum is the word for that. And then I made this amazing beetroot and chickpeas salad with burnt garlic! Sigh, I can go on and on. So here is the recipe for a delicious chickpeas and fruits salad 🙂
Chickpeas and Fruit Salad
- 1 cup chickpeas boiled/canned
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly crushed
- to taste salt
- This recipe is literally as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Wash and slice the pears and mix them gently with chickpeas and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour all the dressing ingredients in a empty jam jar and shake well to blend
- Pour over salad and mix gently so that chickpeas and fruits are well coated in the dressing. There you go - your salad's ready 🙂