This comforting Apple Cinnamon Cake is perfect to kickstart your Xmas baking.
When the sweetness of apples meets the hint of cinnamon, there is definitely magic in the air. Try out this apple cinnamon cake!
Winter is here, Xmas is less than 10 days away! All I can think of right now is baking and not just the Plum Cakes (wheat recipe here and maida recipe here) but many other goodies too. Various forms of puddings, cookies and cakes… yum!
There is something about Xmas which is so magical. The whole town seems to be decorated with Xmas trees and lights! The world seems to be much more shiner. And what I love about Xmas is the baking smells which comes out from everywhere. There are so many different recipes that surface out on the net, so many awesome ways to celebrate the special day!
The other day I was reading about Xmas across the world and read this interesting bit about Xmas feasts in India. Each state of India has its specialty and there are so many different kinds of dishes which are made across India to celebrate Xmas. It is so amazing how we have so many traditions linked to food! Like the Marzipans which the Goans make! Gosh..I am amazed at the kind of designs and styles which can be made out of them! And the awesome chocolate walnut fudge! Sigh..that smell of it baking is so heavenly! Or the delicious guava cheese made up of fresh guavas and the Bebinca which is another Goan specialty! I could go on and on!
I am glad I get to celebrate so many festivals through out the year and that is one big advantage of being an Indian 🙂 More than the religious aspect, I think its the variety of food which draws me towards all festivals 🙂
Before jumping to the Apple Cinnamon Cake recipe, have you tried this amazing Choco Walnut Swiss Roll yet?
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 1 apple large sliced
- 1 apple large pureed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs large
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line the bottom of a square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the sliced apples with cinnamon and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, using the electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Continue till light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one by one and beat till well mixed.
- Add the apple puree and vanilla. Beat for another minute or so.
- Fold in half the flour mixture. When combined, fold the rest in.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and spread the sliced cinnamon-coated apples on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before slicing or serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream; a cup of tea or a glass of wine is optional but highly recommended!
Leave a Reply