Just before diwali sometime I saw this cornbread from Nandita of SaffronTrail and it positively looked very very yum so I decided to try my hands at it. I love the slightly nutty flavour of corn in anything and I am glad I did because when she says the best ever cornbread I agree with her… it was just divine.
- In a bowl mix and sift all dry ingredients i.e flours, salt, sugar, flaxseed powder and baking powder together.
- In another bowl whisk all the wet ingredients together i.e eggs, buttermilk, milk and oil. Whisk till well blended.
- Now mix the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients just till incorporated.
- Add the jalapenos, corn kernels, coriander leaves. Like Nandita I also added a few spoons of brine of the jalapenos here.
- Pour in a greased loaf tin. I also lined the tin with aluminium foil as I find the loaf easy to remove if its lined and I had run out of baking/parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for about 20 minutes or so till a skewer comes out clean from the centre.
- We had it with spicy green chutney and tomato sauce and a tall glass of orange juice. Perfect for breakfast.