Whole Wheat Lemon & Cranberry Muffins
I think muffins are fantastic weekend breakfasts, specially if you do whole wheat and cut down on processed sugar in it. They are a perfect treat to the soul after a tiring week. These with the tartness of lemon and cranberry are winners every time I make them. So make your sunday morning interesting with these muffins.
Makes 12 muffins.
For the topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients apart from the ones for the topping, i.e, whole wheat flour, sugar, dried cranberries, almonds and baking powder.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs, melted butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Gently combine the wet ingredients in the dry taking care not to over mix.
- Pour into lined cupcake tray and bake for about 16 minutes or done at 180C.
- Serve warm with a glass of milk or orange juice for a tasty, healthy yet indulgent weekend breakfast.