Strawberry chocolate cupcakes which will steal your heart away! That pretty pink frosting with some sprinkles on it make these cupcakes, the perfect dessert!
What’s prettier than a strawberry and what’s more tastier than a strawberry? Honestly, when it is strawberry season, it is a difficult question to answer 🙂 I love strawberries, the delicate balance between tartness and sweetness, the bright red and the fresh green. And the fact that they are so versatile to use in our day to day cooking makes them almost out of the world. There are so many things you can do with them. Eating it just like them to eating them with whipped cream or with rum spiked chocolate ganache! Make some delicious strawberry pies and tarts, strawberry shortbread, strawberry jam and of course, my favorite strawberry chocolate cupcakes!
Don’t they look pretty ? I mean look at that pink on the cupcakes – They are guaranteed to take away anyone’s heart 🙂
We spent this strawberry season making these cupcakes over and over again. I have made them with eggs, without eggs, champagne infused and plain. Made them for the house, made them for friends and made them for orders and yet I couldn’t post it sooner. However, there still are a few strawberries in the market for you to try this yummy cupcakes.
Like I said, it is the vibrant red of the strawberries make them a very lucrative fruit to work with! When you add some whipped cream to it, the red turns into a brilliant pink which is really very difficult to resist! And then strawberries make a wonderful addition to salads. I have tried one with strawberries, lettuce and feta cheese, and trust me, the sweet and tart taste of the strawberries blend so well with the delicious feta cheese, that you can’t stop eating this salad at all!
Here is the recipe of these delicious strawberry chocolate cupcakes – an eggless version and one version with eggs! Go on and make them today!
Two Way Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes and being in the news
For the muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yoghurt for the eggless version
- 2 nos. eggs for the egg version
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate white chips
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 cup champagne (optional but highly recommended :))
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1.5 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with liners or use the stand alone muffin cups like the green ones in picture. I swear they are super awesome!
- Mix flour, baking powder, castor sugar and both the chocolate chips in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients i.e milk, eggs (or yoghurt) and butter. Give it a slight whisk.
- Now mix the dry and the wet ingredients together till just mixed. Don't over mix it.
- Fold in the strawberries and the champagne if you are using.
- Pour in the prepared mould and bake for about 15-20 minutes till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Leave it for cooling completely and while its cooling, go ahead and eat one. If you are anything like my son and I, you will have only a couple left for frosting!
- To make the frosting, using a handmixer beat butter till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar in three batches and beat till well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and the strawberry puree and beat for another minute, if you feel its too thin, add some more icing sugar gradually till you reach the desired consistency.
- Using a star nozzle, pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
Congratulations on being featured in the Times…..you must be thrilled such a good feeling I am sure.
And thanks to the article I found my way to your blog! And I am so glad I did drop in! Great work and great recipes . Thank-yoou
Recently found your blog, added in reader and what do i see next you feature in sunday times !! Awesome 🙂
I bookmarked your page to ask number of questions regarding baking … so you might find my mail soon 🙂
Congratulations on being featured in the Times I am sure you are thrilled….must be such a good feeling to see your hard work pay off!
And thanks to the article I found my way to your blog and I am so happy I did drop in ! Some real good recipes
R's Mom says
I read the article yesterday and very excitedly told the husband that I read your blog 🙂 The personal one, the one for Ojas and this one 🙂
Was super excited to see you in print 🙂
B. M. says
woooooooooooo hoooooooooooo congrats on being featured .. I know a celebrity tooooo 🙂
and the cakes are yummmyliscious
Congrats my dear and though I had read the article yest on my mobile I now realise that had rea only the 1st page 🙂 So so so happy for you!!!
As far as the muffins are concerned I had baked them in March and they had tuned out so well ki I can not get over it…I loved the way the strawwberry flavor teases ur tongue!!! Out of this world I say!
Congrats Monika.. Though I dont comment on your blog, but I am a silent reader. Yesterday when I read the article in the Times, I came back to check if its really you.. And now I see the link to the article.. Way to go… Great going…
Anita Menon says
Congrats on being featured. You deserve this and so much more!!
Mons – I was very happy to see your pic too.
thank u so much, I hope u enjoy the ride along with me 🙂
Looking forward to all the questions 🙂
thank u R’s Mom 🙂
ha ha ha thaks Bikram
aren’t they fantastic… send me a picture if u have na?
thanks soulmate, glad the article made u delurk 🙂
thank u anita for ur kind words 🙂
Ankita S Sinha says
Hi Monika, u r such a inspiration for home bakers. love ur muffins n m totally in love with those cute lil polka dot green muffin cups……can u plz share d source of these cups???
These are so yummy! I am drooling over the pictures right now. I can’t wait to make these babies!