Tomato and Olive Upma
What a way to do fusion I say.... I love olives and I love upma so when I saw this at Sanjeev kapoor's I knew I had to try it :)
and it was yummy and very healthy.. Everyone at home enjoyed it quite a lot
- Whisk yogurt with salt and two and half cups of water to make very thin buttermilk. Set aside.
- .Heat olive oil in a kadai (wok), add split black gram and mustard seeds and fry for a minute.
- When the mustard seeds begin to splutter add curry leaves, onion, tomatoes, carrots and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add rawa and continue to sauté on medium heat for four to five minutes till it is lightly coloured and fragrant.
- Add buttermilk, bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook uncovered, stirring continuously, till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Adjust seasoning, cover and cook further for two minutes on very low heat. Add olives and coriander leaves. Stir and cook for a minute. Serve hot.