Til & Coconut Laddoos for the Elephant God
Ganesha is known for his love for food, specially ladoos and modak. So this Friday I share two laddoos that I made this week for my Ganesha.
- Til/Sesame Ladoos:
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they turn light brown.
- After the seeds cool down a little grind them.
- Mix jaggery, cardamom powder and the ground sesame seeds.
- Make ladoos out of this mix by rolling little balls between your palms.
- Coconut Ladoos
- Mix 2.5 cups of desiccated coconut, condensed milk, cashew nuts and raisins together
- Refridgrate for 30 min.
- Make laddoos by rolling little balls of this mixture between your palms and roll them in the leftover desiccated coconut for a crunchy coating.
There is a jaggery available which is dark. If you get that it's even better. I couldn't get it this year so I used the lighter variety.
Avanti, I will post a snack recipe next week, Sols hopefully u can use that for Peanut's kindergarten also :) Man, I feel like a famous cook, people asking me for recipes :D
PS: I am off to N's village for the weekend to have total fun... yippeee!