SRC - Savory Cheesy Bites
I had made this cookies just before diwali, when in general everyone including us were oding on sweets and desserts and this was such a welcome change so refreshing.
I made double the quantity of what she has mentioned in her post thinking that may be I will keep some for the diwali day when we might have many guests coming over. But before I knew the cookie monster had his way to the jar many times and they vanished in thin air.
The cookies were melt in the mouth soft kinds with the sesame seeds adding the necessary crunch and texture. I also made some with sprinkling shah jeera on top but I really liked the ones with sesame seeds better.
Recipe – Savoury Cheese Bites (or mini cookies) Adapted from Passionate about Baking.
- Sift together flour ,salt and paprika.
- Cut the cold butter into the flour mix to make a breadcrumbs like mix. After cutting the butter you can use further mix it using palm rubbing to reach the result
- Add the grated cheese and stir through with a fork
- Fold in half the beaten egg mix with a fork (we will use the other half for basting the cookies)
- Sprinkle water, a tbsp at a time, and bring the mixture together to form a soft, firm dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper (I used my most loved silpat)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on trays. Paint the reserved egg mixture over the cut-out cookies, sprinkle with seeds of choice
- Bake till golden brown. (Approximately 12-15 minutes)
- Remove from oven and cool on racks.
I got about 6 dozen mini cookies with this quantity and yes they did get over in two days Winking smile I made another batch of double the quantity for my Diwali basket giveaway too and so many people called back saying how yummy the cookies were
I also take this as an opportunity to congratulate Deeba on being featured in blog of the month in just launched BBC GoodFood Magazine in India. You truly deserved it deeba… and next time in Delhi we will make sure we meet, will we not ;)