Spinach Surprise : Step by Step Recipe
If there is one magazine I read with alarming regularity its Good Housekeeping, just love it.... So this month when the newspaper walla delivered the magazine and I started flipping through it I found that there are some lovely Microwave recipes in that and when I am hosting MEC this month, this couldn't have made me happier isn't it :D.
all the recipes were lovely but the two that specially caught my eye were Spinach Surprise and Fish in Lemon Butter, I didn't have fish fillets at home so I decided to make Spinach one but I am sure I will try the fish too.
- Put oil in mustard seeds and crushed garlic in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and microwave on high for another 3 minutes or till the onions are slightly pink.
- Add the spinach puree to the above bowl.
- and microwave on high for 2 minutes till its just a bit cooked.
- Keep this aside for cooling and in the meanwhile whisk together eggs, milk, besan and salt.
- Add the kasuri methi and green chillies and give it a little whisk.
- Add the cooled spinach mixture and fold gently.
- Pour in microwave safe utensils... its better to pour in small individual moulds... I used silicon muffin moulds and mini muffin moulds.
- Microwave on medium power till a skewer comes out clean. Mine muffins took about 8 mins and the mini ones about.
- We in the house loved them... and I think the mini ones are just perfect for kids even as cocktail snacks.