Schezwan Egg Fried Rice
When it comes to fried rice, my preferred choice is always Egg Fried Rice. A gravy of indo-chinese chicken and a egg fried rice is what makes a meal complete for me. And if it is Schezwan Egg Fried Rice, you have won an extra 10 points. So today I share with you one of the most commonly made indo-chinese recipe in my house.
Recipe - Schezwan Egg Fried Rice.
For the sauce
For the fried rice
- For the sauce.
- Boil the garlic and red chillies mentioned in the first part of ingredients with 1/4 cup for about 5-6 minutes. Grind to make a chilli-garlic paste. Keep aside.
- Mix the cornflour and vegetable/chicken stock and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add ginger, garlic, green chillies to it. Saute for 1 minute and add the spring onions. Saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chilli-garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Now add the stock and cornflour mixture to this, stirring continuously for about 2-3 minutes till the sauce thickness. Keep aside to cool. This will roughly make about 1/2 cup of sauce, more than what you need for the rice. Store whatever is left in an airtight container and it should be ok in the fridge for about a week or 10 days.
- Heat oil in a big wok, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion and the 1/2 cup vegetables, sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add soya, sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add rice to this and mix well. Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
This recipe is part of the endeavor to create a collection of recipes of Indian Chinese Recipes in collaboration with a few bloggers who share the same passion of cooking. All the recipes from #thekitchendivas are pinned on this Pinterest board.
Other Indo-Chinese recipes this week from #thekitchendivas