Savory Semolina Cake
Everyone here knows how much I love baking and everyone here knows how calorie rich baking is and that I am trying to desperately lose some weight... As a result I am always always on the lookout for some healthy baking recipes. So when I stumbled upon this Savory Semolina Cake recipe I knew I had to try it out and I am so glad I did....
It was so nice, a little nutty and crispy from the outside and soft from inside... the taste was like a mix of dhokla and upma... both things the things that I really like.... It was just yum and its fully guilt free
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a baking pan (I used a loaf pan)
- Take a large bowl and mix together the semolina, yogurt, salt, sugar until incorporated. Let it sit aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, onions, green chillies, ginger until the onions have sautéed. Add the carrot, coriander leaves, and cabbage and cook for a minute or two.
- Add this to semolina mixture and mix well. Add little water if the mixture is thick.
- Add in the baking soda; mix in pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Garnish the top with sesame seeds and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife/toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean..
So come have a slice with me :)