Roasted Tomatoes & Basil Pasta
I am a huge fan of one pot meals, O is a huge fan of pasta, N is a huge fan of anything with veggies. Result of that is that pasta makes a regular appearance in our house, I make a lot of kind of pastas but this one is the favorite of everyone at home.
Its so basic yet so delicious that its almost unbelievable, roast some tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil... I usually chop my tomatoes in fours, add olive oil, chopped garlic, tear some fresh basil leaves. Add some sea salt and black pepper.
Grill it in the oven at about 200C for about 30-40 mins till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
Use a hand whisk to slightly mash it.
Now saute some veggies and chicken if u want in olive oil, add the above sauce, let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and add to the boiled pasta and bingo its ready.
For the sauce
For the rest
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bow and grill it in a preheated oven at 200C for about 30 mins.
- After the tomatoes are a little cool, mash a little using hand whisk.
- In a separate pan heat olive oil and stir fry the vegetables, add chicken and shrimp if you are using them.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the boiled pasta, mix and serve hot. You may sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and add a dash of tobasco if you like your pasta spicy.