Quick Cooking : Pesto & Paneer Stuffed French Toast
I am very breakfast person, I need to have my breakfast well. I need variety in my breakfast inspite of the fact that I don't want to give up on my breakfast eggs. Yes I am silly like that, so somedays ago when I was browsing through BBC Good Food's latest edition the paneer stuffed French toast caught my eye. We make a lot of French toast's at home and some stuffed too but the stuffed ones mostly are sweet like Nutella stuffed or Peanut butter stuffed or even banana and cinnamon stuffed. When I saw the paneer stuffed one I wondered why haven't I thought of this before and made it the very best day. I added a bit of pesto spread to I had it handy and I love pesto. It was quick took me hardly 10 minutes to put everything together and it was yummy and it was healthy , a perfect start to the day in every way. So here is the recipe for all those who saw it on FB and were asking me for the recipe.
Source - Adapted from BBC Good Food.
- Mix crumbled paneer, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilly and salt.
- Spread half of the pesto on one slice of bread.
- Layer with half of the paneer stuffing.
- Top with another bread.
- Beat one egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the bread sandwich in the egg mixture on both sides and cook on a heater tawa till golden brown.
- Repeat for the other two bread slices.
- Cut in half and eat warm.