Quick cooking : Palak Chicken
Lying down next to my 6yr old son who isn't well from the past one week and waiting for the time to pass so that I can give him the next dose of medicine, I am exhausted but sleepless, tired yet want to keep the mind busy and yet not in a frame of mind of any real work on the laptop and that is when I realised that I had promised you guys this quick "Palak Chicken" recipe that is a regular at home.
Interestingly I learnt from my househelp years ago when I had just started to cook and it has stayed with me since then.
With the goodness and yumminess of palak and protein of chicken, this recipe is a keeper. The other thing I like about this recipe is that it goes with just about everything - roti's, rice and even dosa-idly.
So here is the yumminess for you.
- Wash, chop and purée the spinach. Make sure you wash it well since you don't want even a bit of dirt left in them.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and when it begins to heat, add jeera. After it browns a bit add all the whole spices and fry for another minute or so.
- Add onions and fry till they brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they leave oil. Now add all the dry ground masalas and fry for another minute.
- Add the palak purée and let it boil for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken and a little water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Serve hot with paranthas, rice or dosa. The child loves to eat this with a spoonful of warm ghee.