Quick Cooking : Orange Peel Raita
Its time for Blog Hop Wednesday again, yes yes we did it just last week but this time because of Diwali we are doing it a week earlier… This week the blog assigned to me is Prat’s Corner and one look at Orange Peel Thambli recipe on her blog and I knew this is what I had to make… I absolutely love raitas of all kind, infact raita is the form in which I like eating curd the best, anywhere I see a new recipe of raita I have to try it out and zest, well my love for zest is no secret for the blog readers.
Made it just 15mins ago to be served tonight with dinner along with rasam, sambhar, potato arbi sabji and rice, It looks yumm and I did a little cheating and already eat a small helping of it and let me tell you it tastes divine too…
After finishing cooking being addicted to twitter, I tweeted about the menu and the orange peel raita created such a buzz… Lot of people asking me about it and so people here it is easy and lovely addition to the meal.
And before we go further just look how lovely does the orange peel, coconut base of the raita looks
Recipe – Orange Peel Raita (adapted from Prat’s Corner)
For the tempering
- Heat ghee and roast the jeera in that. After it turns a little brown, roast the coconut lightly and keep aside for cooling.
- Grind the above with the chopped orange peel coarsely.
- Beat the curd with salt lightly so that its smooth and mix it with the above mixture keep a tsp aside for garnishing.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add the mutard seeds, when they splutter add curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Pour on the curd and serve chilled.
And to see what other blog hoppers are cooking go here