Quick Cooking : breadsticks in a jiffy–savoury & sweet
This is one of recipes of mine which is like my go to recipe in case of an emergency whether its sudden guests at home or sudden cravings by my son. I really really can’t believe myself that I haven't posted it yet here. Its actually what I have written in title in a jiffy, all you have to do is cut some bread in sticks. Melt butter, apply butter on them and microwave thats it.
There are two versions I do depending on my audience – sweet and savoury. In the sweet version I mix cinnamon and sugar to the butter and in the savoury one I mix herbs (more often than not the left over pizza seasoning) salt and pepper.
The sweet ones are perfect tea snacks or snacks to be parcelled in the school snack box.
And the savoury ones perfect to be served with cocktails or to a child who doesnt have a sweet tooth.
For the sweet
For the savoury
- Slice the bread in equal sized strips.
- Mix all the ingredients together with butter and melt.
- Coat both sides of the bread evenly.
- Line them on the side of the microwave plate.
- Microwave on Med (I did at 600w) for about 2-3 minute.
- Let it cool a little, they will become more crisp once they cool.
And I am sending this to Valli’s 365 days of microwave cooking
Also check out what Other Blogging Marathoners are upto
Also sending this to MEC - Part Appetizers