Pull Apart Fruit Buns
Also known as Chelsea Buns....how lovely they look.
and how yummy they taste truly... its like once you start bitting into it you just can't stop :) I had first heard of them in my baking class and since than I have made them twice and everytime I make them they get over in a day maximum.
For the main dough
For the filling
- Prepare ferment by mixing 75 gms flour with Sugar, yeast, Milk and water. Mix to remove all lumps and cover for resting for 45 minutes.
- Mix the dough flour and salt together.
- Chop all the dry fruits and nuts coarsely and mix all the filling material apart from butter and keep separately.
- After the resting period is over, mix the ferment with the flour and knead well... If u have a mixer than u will need to knead for about 5-7 minutes using the paddle attachment and if you are doing it by hand you will knead for about 20 minutes or so... the dough has to be well kneaded for the gluten to be formed.
- After you have finished kneading add the butter and knead for another one minute or so till the butter is just mixed.
- Place it for resting for half hour under cover.
- Roll it open to a nice big rectangular shape.
- Apply butter and spread the dry fruits and sprinkle sugar over it.
- Roll it again from one end as a Swiss roll with the filling and cut it with thread in at 1'' thickness.
- Leave it for Proofing for 30-45 min till it bounces back when u touch.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230 degrees for about 15-20 mins till about brown in color.
- Remove and brush with sugar syrup and bake again for one minute.