Power Laddoo (post no 27)
Ojas is a really fussy eater, hardly eats and when he eats it feels that he is the one who is always on a diet... He doesn't touch ghee and butter... anything in which I put these two things are refused point blank. From some time everyone has been telling me he has become thin but I was like, ok, as long as he is healthy I don't care. But on his last visit the doc also mentioned that he is dropping percentiles and not putting on weight (he has actually not put on a single gram in the past two months). So I started a search for a snack (that is what he loves to have rather than full meals). When my mom made the besan ladoos he loved them... me and mom sat and came up with these power laddoos. He eats one every morning and sometimes one in the evening too... I am glad he is enjoying this and thought will share the recipe with u all too...
- Wash and dry all pulses.
- Dry roast the pulses for 4-5 mins till they turn very light brown, taking care not to over-roast them.
- Dry roast the dry fruits for 4-5 mins.
- Finely grind the pulses.
- Coarsely grind the dry fruits.
- Heat oil and add the flour to it.
- Fry for 5-6 mins stirring continuously, take care to not let it stick to the pan.
- Add the powered dals and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the semolina and fry for another 3-4 mins.
- Add the besan and fry for 6-7 mins till u get a nice aroma and ghee comes out along the side of the pan.
- Add the dry fruits and sugar and fry for another 3 mins.
- Let it cool and make ladoos.
He really enjoys eating it and I think it provides him some amount of much needed fats plus the other nutrition too...
PS: will add the pic soon
PPS: cross posted at Healthy and Tasty.