Note : I had scheduled this post for 25th Dec Xmas before leaving for Pune... as I thought that would be a perfect day to post a plum cake recipe... Only thing I think I had scheduled it only in my head :( anyways here it is with the title changed from Merry Xmas to Plum Cake and the various wishes :) Ingredients.
- Heat the over to 160 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat some more.
- Add the rum, orange juice and zest.
- Fold the almonds, cashew, walnut and the rest of the dry fruits in it.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder and fold this into the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and continue to bake the cake for another 1 hour 30 minutes or until a long skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs. enjoy!!! It was so yummy that it got over in a day and ojas digged in it too much too... I made one more for him with very very less rum.
PS: original recipe from here which BTW is an excellent site for baking recipes... somethings I changed in the recipe are I used rum instead of brandy... I dont like brandy and neither does N... I also used demera sugar instead of light brown and dark which is mentioned