Pepper Butter Prawns
I love prawns, I just love them... infact I love all seafood but I think prawns the most... the only reason probably I don't make them too often is that I don't know to how to de vein them so when I found a shop that which will de vein them for me you can imagine my happiness :D prawns very duly bought and when I started thinking what to make out of them I remembered the lovely butter pepper prawns I had eaten in a restaurant long back... so long back that I don't even remember where I eat them but still if I close my eyes I can feel the taste in my mouth... my tongue automatically does a round in my mouth and I kind of start drooling... a little bit of butter, a little bit of curry leaves,some garlic, a whole lot of pepper, a little tang for lemon or may be vinegar... yummmm.... so I decided to give it a attempt at that.
I think what I got was pretty close to the dish that I eat there and I am mighty proud that I managed to recreate a dish just by tasting it.
- Wash the prawns well and boil them in hot water. The way I boil prawns is simple... boil a lot of water and put the prawns in it and reduce the heat, cover it and cook it for about 6 minutes till they start floating on top and turn white and opaque in color. Mid way add some salt to it so that it gets absorbed in the prawns.
- Drain from water and keep aside.
- In a wok or pan heat butter while heating add a couple of drops of oil to it to prevent burning.
- Add the garlic to it and roast for one minute. After one minute add the curry leaves and smell the lovely aroma.
- Add turmeric, pepper to it and mix. Now add the soya and vinegar to it.
- Add the prawns at this stage and sautee for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Everyone in the house loved the dish, it had this lovely balance of Indian and Chinese to it... I have made it multiple times afterwards and everytime I it has been a hit... a super hit... I hope u guys enjoy it too.