Palak Dhokla : A Reader Entry
I had plans to do the MEC Savory snacks round up today but than I recieved a mail from reader S saying that she knows that she is delayed but can I include this in the round up of MEC... and I said why not, so nice of you to send it anyways... I loved the dish for many reasons... one I love dhoklas (there must be something about it, this is the second dhokla entry for this event) two I think with a little tweak this will be a recipe I can eat anytime... high protien no carbs, veggies... perfect for a dieting breakfast :D
Ok enough of my blabber and now over to S....
I have reading your blog for close to 2 years for now and I love the food you cook. I myself you Microwave a lot at home and Tarla Dalal recipes are what are my favorite as I am a vegetarian. So I am sending you a dhokhla from her book that we make a lot at home.
For the tempering
For the garnish
- Add all the ingredients to the palak puree and mix well to get a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour into a greased microwave safe bowl with lid and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Remove and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- For the tempering.
- Combine the oil and mustard seeds in a small microwave safe bowl andmicrowaveon HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and hing and microwave on HIGH for another 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Pour the tempering over the dhoklas and cut into square pieces (I anyways broke them while taking out)
- Garnish with coriander and eat with green chutney or ketchup.
Thank u so much S for this lovely recipe and this is my second post for the marathon