Oven Roasted Gobhi
So this morning when I suddenly came to know I have some guests coming over for dinner, I tweeted people asking for some quick to make dishes which are fancy too... most of the suggestions were something that I have already tired and than Chandhana sent me a tweet saying that try Oven Roasted cumin gobhi and from the first time I heard it I knew this is something I have to try, I asked her if she has a recipe and she sent me one in email... god bless her and the decision was made.
Does that look tempting enough? Let me tell you it was tastier than it looks... I did make a couple of changes to her recipe, major being I didnt parboil the gobhi before baking or oven roasting it as I like my gobhi a little crisp.
- Mash or coarsely grind the spices using a mortar, dont use the mixer u will totally spoil the dish.
- Heat the olive oil and toss cauliflower florets into it, stir fry for abt a minute.
- Add spices to cauliflower, mix well.
- Arrange them in a single layer in a baking dish and bake in the top most rack of a pre heated oven at 200C for 20 mins.
- Remove mix well again and put it back in for about 10 more mins... bingo its done.
Can it get easier than this? This is the dish that absolutely signifies beauty in simplicity and trust me this is one of the best cauliflower dishes I have ever eaten... a recipe for keepsake.
e check out my fellow marathon bloggers who have picked up varied different themes to give u amazing dishes for the next one week…. Champa,Divya,Gayathri Anand,Gayathri Kumar,Padma Dharmaraj,Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Usha, Veena Aravind, PJ