Olive and Sundried Tomatoes Quickbread
I think my posts for A-Z challenge are getting posted later and later in the day, I started with posting at 11am in the morning, then afternoon, then 4pm and now I am posting at 10pm :O but then I am happy that I am atleast posting. I cannot believe that I have actually reached O that too with so much going on right now, kids workshop that take up half day of time in just running + the prep that happens later. Two major recipe projects running along with the usual stuff at home and regular work. I am actually pretty awesomely impressed with myself, I know I know I am blowing my trumpet but once in a while can do no? ;) * also a big anti jinx*
Everyone at home these days is excited and the topic of discussion is what is getting posted today? Ojas has his own ideas, his own options her wants me to implement and N is own. The whole A-Z has become a family exercise and we are all enjoying it.
With O, we are baking "Olive and sundried tomatoes quick bread". This is my favourite fancy yet so easy breakfast recipe. Tastes almost like a cross between a savory muffin and a bread, with a little salsa and tabasco it is delicious. It also works so beautifully as a part of the larger brunch menu as well as cocktail bites when cut in bite sized pieces
Olive and Sundried Tomatoes QuickBread
For the topping
- Pre heat the oven to 180C and grease a large loaf pan with olive oil and keep aside
- Finely chop the flax seeds, sunflower seeds and melon seeds together. Set aside.
- Mix together both flours, salt, baking powder using a whisk till mix. Add grated cheese, pitted and chopped olives, chopped sundried tomatoes to the flour and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and olive oil till incorporated. Add dried garlic and thyme and mix again.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and fold till incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Brush the top with egg and water mixture. Sprinkle the chopped mixture on top and bake in the pre heated oven for 45 minutes till the skewer comes clean in the center.
- Let it cool down a bit and serve with salsa and a cup of earl grey for an awesome breakfast