Isn't it instant love? I mean what is not there to love in it... nutella, pin wheel...yummm. When I first saw this at Purple Foodie it was a case on instant love :D BTW if there is anything called blog love than my current love is Purple Foodie... I love her blog... love it
I made this last weekend when my sister in laws kids were also here and the 25 cookies I made were polished in about 30 minutes do I need to say anything else to prove the goodness...
Nutella Pinwheel Cookies Adapted from The Purple Foodie
Yield: 25 cookies
- Mix the butter and sugar together till creamy.
- Mix in the egg yolks and the vanilla essence. The mixture should be light and well combined.
- Stir in the flour and refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes so that it can firm up and facilitate easy rolling.
- Next, roll out the dough into a rectangle of ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread the Nutella making sure to leave one finger space on all four sides.
- Refrigerate for another ten minutes before cutting the slices.
- Cut the slices either using a knife or using a thread.
- Lay the slices on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 175C till slightly golden at the edges.
And this is off to Srivalli's Kids Delight - the theme for which this month is Holiday Special.... I think this fits perfectly to it.