So its time for Blog Hop Wednesday again. Time when we look through a gorgeous blog, drool over pictures and decide whats to be cooked. This week the blog assigned to me is ConfusionCook, though you can be assured the confusion is just in the fact that what should be made not in the recipes. Simple sweet recipes. I spent quite a lot of time on her blog looking at the recipes and like me it feels, she likes baking too. So it would have been ideal if I had picked up a baking recipe from her but I wanted to do something different and also the fact that she is a eggless baker and me somehow eggless baking doesn’t sit in my head well and while wondering I landed on this maggi cutlet recipe. Now I have seen this recipe at many places in many forms, always thought I should attempt it but somehow never did. This seemed like a good chance to try hands on it.
I made a couple of changes to the recipe though (hey news LOL) used a packet of instant rice noodles a friend had got for me, didn’t use the white sauce but instead used a mix of homemade salsa with a touch of mayo and added a boiled potato along with other vegies for the structure. I served it for breakfast today along with a cabbage and hung curd salad and it was such a win. yumm yumm yumm… I pan roasted it in olive oil next time I am thinking I’ll bake them.
Recipe – Noodle Cutlet (Adapted from the Confusion Cook)
- Cook your instant noodles without the tastemaker according the instructions on the packet
- Drain if there is any extra water and let it cool a bit
- Now add the rest of the ingredients to the noodles
- Mix well and shape them in the desired shapes
- Pan roast with a little olive oil (or even ghee for the kids) and enjoy with salad and sauce of your choice
- A healthy and wholesome breakfast I say
Blog Hop Wednesday is started by Radhika and to check out what other hoppers are cooking go here