Naan and HLI - Spinach an event announcement
I absolutely love naans specially butter naans (yeah yeah who doesn't like butter come on?) But somehow since I have come to Bangalore I have always been left wanting for more when it comes to naan. So somedays back when I saw this butter naan I decided to give it a try
I made it twice, once I rolled it a thicker a little like kulcha I would say and once like above thin and strechted like a perfect both the times the result was only yummnesss, I liked the naan version better and the hubby liked the kulcha kind of version better
Recipe – Naan (source Zesty Palette)
What I used
- Activate the yeast with sugar and warm water for 5 minutes.
- Mix this with flour and salt and knead well for about 5-7 minutes till you get a smooth and stretchy dough
- Leave it for proofing for about 3 hours or so
- Pinch the dough and make small same sized balls. Roll it out in a oven or desired shape. Grease with butter
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 2-3 minutes, turn and bake for another 2 mins…
- Serve hot with more butter if you want
And now to the event announcement, If you look around yourself I can bet you won't be able to find even one mom who is not always breaking her heads for finding new healthy lunchbox ideas, thats why I loved the idea of HLI event started by Mom Chef Kalyani.
This month from today to December 10th, I’ll be hosting this event and the theme I have chosen in Spinach, can it get healthier? So cook up you favourite spinach dish and send it to me quick
Some ground rules please :)
- Cook anything which spinach that can be sent in lunch boxes and send my way.
- upto 2 archived entries are welcome, provided you re-post them with reference to this event.
- Only vegetarian recipes eggs ofcourse are allowed.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to send in their entries to the following email ID.
- Send a mail with below mentioned information to this email ID : tales dot sinamon(at)gmail(dot)com.
Hyper link to this post and Kalyani’s post
Your blog name and URL.
Name of the recipe.
Link to your post.
Picture of the recipe (pls limit this to max 300 px)
Use of logo will be appreciated.