Moth Beans and Methi
I love all beans or dal in normal terms :) :) and moth aka matki is a favorite... And I love greens and topping the list of greens I love is methi.... I can eat it in any form...
I am always looking trying to make some innovative recipes with methi
This recpie happened last week when I was in such a mood... to have methi differently... I had sprouted Moth with me and I think sprouts can be the healthiest way to eat any dal, protein content the highest.... and digestion the easiest.
So I mixed them both up... and here is what I made... and it was the yummiest... got over in a jiffy :)
- Heat oil and add jeera and fry for about a minute till they turn a little brown.
- Add onions green chilli and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another 3-4 mins.
- Add the dry masalas (dhaniya powder, turmeric, salt, chilli powder)
- Add the sprouted beans and cook for 5 mins... dont overcook them.
- Add the methi leaves and cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add garam masala and serve with hot chapathis.